There are around 50K women in the UK with STEM qualifications who are not really using them. It could be because they took a career break to have a family, or perhaps decided on a different direction early on and are now thinking about switching back to a job in technology, engineering, science and maths. Training company Tectre has started running courses across the country to help these women understand the opportunities and how valuable their skills are in a sector that is actively seeking to close the gender gap. The first one is on the 9th September in London and I’ve been given a 20% off discount code to share with my readers. See below for full details as issued by Tectre:
Are you considering returning to the world of work within the STEM or SET sectors having been away from the world of work for some time? Do you want to know more about how you can make this possible? Are you wondering whether your skills are still relevant? Are you thinking that your skills no longer hold the value they once did? Concerned about who will hold the fort at home whilst you re-engage with the world of work? The challenges women face when wishing to return to a professional career within SET or STEM after a substantial break can feel insurmountable. The challenges are experienced on multiple fronts from; loss of confidence, a lack of clarity around where your skills now fit in the world of work, finding sustainable child care to managing and integrating your work and life into one manageable unit.
Why not join us on our one day session on the 9th September
Career Restart© A guided 1 day workshop which rebuilds confidence and re-awakens skills in women who wish to return to a career in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths.
Career Restart© provides women with the necessary support to create a sustainable career within the STEM or SET sectors by building their confidence around their value and abilities, supporting them creating the kind of CV which will get them noticed along with hints and tips on how to use social media in their personal marketing. Career Restart© supports women with information about where to obtain continued support which is underpinned by practical skills and advice to help them succeed. Isn’t it time you took another look at restarting your career?
By attending this workshop an attendee will:
- Become clear about who you are and what skills you have to offer
- Match your skills to the employers need – look at the way to tackle job boards
- Gain hints and tips for updating your CV to showcase your skills in the best light
- Learn how to present yourself in a professional market including how to use LinkedIn
- Myth busting – Learn the real truth about the value of your skills in the STEM arena and what has really changed
- Learn about what’s new and what’s hot in the technology field since you worked
- Learn how to build and maintain your network to support your career
- Develop strategies for building a sustainable Work/ Life integration
- Walk away knowing you have all the information you need to return to the world of work and where to obtain on-going support.
Venue: Bloomsbury Suite, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HY
Date: 9th September 2014
Time: 9:30 – 5:00 followed by an additional voluntary networking session
Costs: £275 per person
Book your seat by following this link http://www.tectre.com/index.php/training-consultancy/training/ & add WMNRTN code and Activate it in your Cart to receive 20% off the purchase price for this run of the course.